Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So what do you want to be when you grow up?

Many times on my tours people ask me what I want to do after my PhD. It's a hard question to answer. As of right now I've committed, at minimum, five years of my life to UC Berkeley. So I guess I have five years to think about it. The next question that arises is what do you want to study during graduate school. I usually answer the question simply. I want to study the bacteria that live on and in the body. I want to study the body as an ecosystem. Many times people just shake their heads in agreement and jam another bite of ham crepe into their mouths. Well for the friends and family keeping up with this blog, I've found a great article that explains the type of work I want to do in a digestible manner. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Enjoy:

http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/the_body_politic1/P1/


1 comment: