Tuesday, June 29, 2010

England baby!



So this is going to be such a fun/long post!
Get ready. Bubba and I went to England for 4 days with our friends Jack and David.
I have never had such a diverse vacation.
We did so much in such little time :) here we go....!!




Photobucket

Photobucket



We left Paris SUPER early and took the Eurostar to London.
It only took 2 hours -we definitely slept the whole time :)
We started the morning off with a Fat Tire Bike Tour and met the whole staff.
They were incredible guys....
I enjoyed seeing how other Fat Tire tours are given :)
...and it was a great quick over view of the city!
Then, we rented a camper van 'thing' called Spaceships and BAM - off we went to camp!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



We rode the Spaceship about 5 hours to Cornwall, England!
We had lots of snacks ( I ate my face off this whole trip) tons of tunes, I napped constantly throughout the drive ( ha ) and Bubba read his Harry Potter ( in french, of coarse )



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



The ocean and a beautiful sunset greeted us as we drove into town.
Cornwall is a huge surfing town so there were lots of people in wet-suits with boards!
We got comfortable with the area, found a grocery store and loaded up on dinner and breakfast treats! We then found a camp site and set up shop.
Isn't the Spaceship amazing?
I mean, just look at it.....
Bubba and I got the tent on the roof.
It was soo comfortable and tons of room.
Jack and David had a bed inside the van - also tons of room!
They cuddled and fell asleep to movies ( because yes... it was a TV and DVD player!)
There was also a mini-fridge, a small gas stove top to cook, dishes, etc - tons of goodies!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Our first full day in Cornwall was spent at the beach!
Bubba and David rented wet-suits and a board and surfed :)
Jack and I lounged on the beach and napped.
It was hotter than I was expecting.
( the weather said it was going to be low 50's and it was definitely sunny and toasty! )



Photobucket

Photobucket



After watching a few World Cup games and enjoying some pubs...
We made our way back towards London.
David and Jack dominated driving and navigating. Bravo!
We also made a quick stop at Stonehenge.
We didn't go in though... just enjoyed from over the gate :) haha



Photobucket

Photobucket



The trip overall was INCREDIBLE!
I needed some time with Bubba - and I got to know Jack (my boss in Paris) MUCH better :)
I also made a new friend, Sir David - the lovely manager of Fat Tire in London.
Cheers to a break from work, a fun vacation, and memories that were made.




No comments:

Post a Comment